The decisions for Google Summer of Code 2014 have been made, and I’ll be mentoring Rahul Raja from India. He will be working on the enviroCar app UX design. Right next door, Carsten Keßler (who has already posted an annoucement) will be mentoring Tao Lin from China, who will be working on the Linked Data service provided by enviroCar.
We are both looking forward to working with the students and with the folks at 52°North, who are also mentoring 3 more students in other projects:
- Sensor Data Access for Rasdaman, Simona Badoiu (Romania)
- Using the ILWIS framework for geo-data capture with a mobile application, Bouke Pieter Ottow (Netherlands)
- Proposal for Access Control User Interface for SOS Servers, Dushyant Sabharwal (India)
- enviroCar App UX Design, Rahul Raja (India)
- The Improvements of enviroCar Linked Data Service, Tao Lin (China)